[MLB-WIRELESS] Floppy Based Router

Michael Weinbergs michael at online-admin.net.au
Mon Nov 4 08:45:00 EST 2002

Howdy all. I have been looking at "leaf" (http://leaf.sourceforge.net) and
"LRP" (  ) to try and find a basic kit to make a floppy based
router/wireless host - closest I can find is "oxygen". But there is nothing
definitive..

My requirements:
*  IPChains or IPTables
*  IPsec (if possible) or PPTPD (poptop)
*  Orinicco_PLX modules
*  SIS900 drivers

Under unix this is a very simple config - and most of it is kernel based..
so *should* be easy to do?!?!?!?

The documents are all there - but it is such a hotch-potch mess... I can't
make heads or tails of them..
I am happy to run up a Debian or Redhat box, download kernel sources and
build my own platform - but I can't even find the kernel sources that will
do the job... this is just SO frustrating.

Anyway - I post it to y'all... Has anyone had any experience in building
these things and if so, do they have an image that will do the above? Or can
you at least point me in the right direction..
*sigh* and linux-guru's wonder why users think unix is so confusing....
*sigh* I hate micro$oft - but at least they write structured manuals!

Michael Weinbergs
Online-Admin
Melbourne, Australia
michael at online-admin.net.au
www.online-admin.net.au
As Online-Admin operate a paperless office, all documents are provided in
electronic form in accordance to our business practice. If you require a
paper version of this document, please contact helpdesk at online-admin.net.au
who will be more than happy to assist.

This e-mail may be signed for security reasons with a certificate provided
by Thawte Consulting. Please contact them for more information about their
"freemail" certificates.