[MLB-WIRELESS] Galaxy (Pacific Monolithics) Mod Help Request

Tom Parker tparker at netspace.net.au
Sat Nov 2 18:12:51 EST 2002

Folks,

I'm up to the important stage of a Galaxy (Pacific Monolithics) mod and I
can't seem to find a clear answer as to where I should be attaching the
coax.

I'm put a (large) image of the top of the PCB at
(http://www.wiresncode.com/projects/wireless/galaxy/galaxy.jpg).  It looks
to me like I need to attach the coax centre to A and the shield to B (B is
ground), but I've already had one negative opinion about this.

This web site
(http://www.qsl.net/vk1krf/Pacific_Monolithics/Pacific_Monolithics.htm) give
some info, this site (http://wireless.bur.st/) gives more about half way
down but seems to cut more of the PCB than I would think necessary.  I would
expect that I should retain the connection between ground and some of the
elements, but he show them cut here (http://wireless.bur.st/breakconn.jpg)

I've looked around for some info on this, but not come up with much.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom Parker tparker at netspace.net.au
http://www.wiresncode.com/projects