[MLB-WIRELESS] Legal Internet access to members?

darrend at ndpgroup.com.au darrend at ndpgroup.com.au
Fri Nov 1 18:05:21 EST 2002

Craig... you're right. This would constitute commercial use.

Although you'll note that a nominated declaration applies to a network
unit. Under these guidlines, the ACA would determine each AP to be a
network unit! ie the provider would have to make a declaration for each AP
they use to transmit their data.
<dont quote me on this>From memory the charge for making such a
declaration is atleast $3k, making it cheaper and easier for them to roll
out their own infrastructure.</dont quote me on this> (it's somewhere on
the aca site... cant remember) Either that or use infrastructure already
in place by those carrier wholesale sharks!

As far as use by 'members' without additional charge, contract or service
level agreements, the members would be considered 'inner circle' to the
network units, thus not requiring carrier status. Access to the public
will be a whole different matter.

Shame no one is giving bandwidth away :(

Darren Dreis
Vice President
Melbourne Wireless Inc.
vicepresident at wireless.org.au