[MLB-WIRELESS] WTB: old MB

paul van den bergen pvdb at swin.edu.au
Fri Nov 1 10:15:00 EST 2002

Hi all,

You may recall my sorry story about my disasterous run with MB bioses...
well, the saga continues.
After much hunting I found a few places that do Bios upgrades... BUT
one chip was 40 pin, can't get it, can't program it, might be able to
reprogram the one one I have in the states @ ~US$30 (inc. P&H)
The other chip was hard to get, have to wait several weeks or months, still no
guarentee, or I could get it for US$40 (inc. P&H)

So I have 1 working board that is very very unstable, 1 board I might be able
to resurect and one board I shall make a lead-encased boat anckor with.

Another way of looking at it is that I have pentium CPU and a PII CPU but no
MB to put it in.

I have a PCI based entersys card and two isa based wavelan cards.
Ideally I would like to set up each device in a seperate box, but I would be
happy to install the ISA and PCI in one and the second ISA in another...

so now to the question.

does anyone have a pentium or pentium II MB they could give or sell to me for
under $60? Two? (third + CPU?)

thanks guys...

Note: there is a slim chance that I could get the pentium system running
again...  cross fingers...