list configutation - was Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] Proceedings at next meeting not seen on list.

Steven Haigh netwiz at optushome.com.au
Fri May 31 13:15:45 EST 2002

and what exactly is your concern regarding the mailing list configuration?

I believe someone (it may have been yourself) raised the fact that email
addresses are stored on the list archive unaltered, and possibly vunerable
to spammers. If you looked at the mailing list archive lately, you would
realise that this has been fixed.

Someone also raised the issue regarding the munging of email headers to
force all replies back to the list... I believe that this was also resolved
by explaining why the group made a decision earlier on to have the list
configured how it is now. I think it was Tony Langdon that made a case for
why it should be how it is now about 3 - 4 months ago...

Signed,
Steven Haigh
President - Melbourne Wireless
www.wireless.org.au