[MLB-WIRELESS] Bridge vs router vs AP

Andrew Dean ferni at shafted.com.au
Thu May 30 11:32:22 EST 2002

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong...

So an AP is basically like a hub or a switch for wireless networks (which is
it a switch or a hub?, I know the difference)

and that's weird... my crappy Netcom 2 mbit access point I can use as a AP
and I can connect it to my switch so it bridges to my wired LAN, so your
saying some/most AP's can't do that?

I think my main question is that one up there, Does an AP act like a switch
or a hub, i.e. broadcast all packets to every link, or just to the IP its
going to...

...Ferni