[MLB-WIRELESS] Antenna Co-ax

darrend at ndpgroup.com.au darrend at ndpgroup.com.au
Mon May 27 20:20:10 EST 2002

For 15 metres, forget about thicknet.... it makes for a great dummy load at
2.4GHz
Grab some LMR400 or equivalent. Best bets are from Rojone or Xnet wireless
http://www.rojone.com.au
http://www.x.net.au
And yes, those RAAF radtechs don't know shit (trust me, I used to be one...
hehe)

Darren Dreis
IT Manager
NDP Consulting
Tel 03 9548 9444  Fax 03 9548 9040

                    "Tony Smith"
                    <tony at tonsyl.org>               To:     "Melb Wireless" <melbwireless at wireless.org.au>
                    Sent by:                        cc:
                    owner-melbwireless at wirel        Subject:     [MLB-WIRELESS] Antenna Co-ax
                    ess.org.au

                    27/05/2002 07:49 PM
                    Please respond to "Tony
                    Smith"

I'm about to "go-live" and need to place my antenna approximately 15 metres
from my PC.

Can anyone tell me what the options are for co-ax, pros and cons for the
different varieties and a reasonable place to source cut lengths from, I
don't want to buy a 100 metre roll which is what the local wholesaler wants
me to do.

My only other alternative is to use a chink of leftover "thick Ethernet"
that I've recently pulled out of a building. A mate who used to be a radio
tech in the RAAF reckons that this would be perfect, but I'm not sure he
knows as much as he thinks he does.

Any advice please?

Cheers

Tony Smith

Connected to the internet in Sunny Far North Queensland Australia
http://www.tonsyl.org