[MLB-WIRELESS] Ack, dag nabbit! the mailing list is ruined my email address.

dwayne dwayne at pobox.com
Sat May 25 19:17:03 EST 2002

hey Andrew I thought I'd send *this* bit to the list but feel free to
continue this offlist if you like.
Just occurred to me that pobox.com might be useful to others.

Andrew Tiltman wrote:

> > Andrew Tiltman wrote:
> >
> > > Generally I would bitch and moan about wanting compensation (how the
> > > could you compensate such a loss? ideas anyone? ;))
> >
> > Offer your services, and that of your hammer, should anyone find out
> > where the spammers live?
>
> I'm afraid that its impossible to catch the spammers, or have any impact on
> what they do... if it was possible they wouldnt exist ;)

This, of course, is blindingly obvious, yes  :)

> Theres nothing that can be done other than getting a new email address and
> reprinting boxes of business cards, not to mention the ones people already
> have

Ow ow ow.

pobox.com catches nearly all spam and flags 98% of the spam I get as
[may be spam - pobox] in the subject line. I hardly ever get something
not obviously spam before I click on it.

Very cheap, been dwayne at pobox.com since 1994 or 1995. Since they
started, basically.  And I get 500+ emails per day, and have been
getting that volume since I got online in 91.

Oh, and my email address has been on my webpages since 1993, and at one
stage I had 5% of the net per month looking at my pages.  Oh, and I used
to post to usenet under that address as well.

So, it's been tested, I guess  :)

Dwayne