AVAYA info was [MLB-WIRELESS] [TIB] A new offer has been added to TIB!

darrend at ndpgroup.com.au darrend at ndpgroup.com.au
Fri May 24 08:40:16 EST 2002

Just a quick note to all those interested in the Avaya cards.
About Avaya:
Avaya as a company was created to be the commercial 'networking products
arm' of Lucent technologies. As many of you will know, Lucent was the
biggest supplier of Orinoco based cards (Orinoco now made by Agere being
another ofshoot of lucent). Lucent themselves are now essentially out of
the commercial networking game, concentrating mainly on carrier type
product lines, having handed these products over to Avaya.
On a technical note:
These cards are the same Agere 'core' oem'd by enterasys, the only
difference being the manufacturers id. Although UNTESTED, it's likely that
they will accept the orinoco firmware as the enterasys cards have. ie we
cannot guarantee that this will be the case, but the cards have been tested
with Net Stumbler and function perfectly. Steve, do you have anything
further to add to this???
About the deal:
As Steve mentioned yesterday, this has been negotiated by Melbourne
Wireless directly with Avaya. There are no middle men involved, no one
making money on the side etc. This is as good as it gets, get 'em while we
can!

Darren Dreis
IT Manager
NDP Consulting
Tel 03 9548 9444  Fax 03 9548 9040

                    Timshel Knoll
                    <timshel at pobox.com>             To:     melbwireless at wireless.org.au
                    Sent by:                        cc:
                    owner-melbwireless at wirel        Subject:     Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] [TIB] A new offer
                    ess.org.au                      has been added to TIB!

                    24/05/2002 02:57 AM

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 06:33:54PM +1000, Steven Haigh wrote:

> This is a message from The Incredible Bulk
>
> A new offer has been added to TIB!
> Details as follows:
> Cost per unit:      $97.00
> Shipping cost:      $0.00
> Quantity Available: 950

Does anyone have more info on these cards (ie. Linux support)? From the
TIB page: "they are from the same manufacturer as the Enterasys / Skynet
Global cards", does this also mean that they can be flashed with orinoco
firmware like the Enterasys cards?

Cheers,

Timshel

--