[MLB-WIRELESS] Bulk buy on Avaya 802.11 equipment.

Steven Haigh netwiz at optushome.com.au
Thu May 23 15:23:18 EST 2002

I know there's been a few deals fall through on the Enterasys/Skynet Global
cards lately - and let me assure you straight off - with this deal, if we
reach the minimum of 250 cards before the buy closes, the delivery will be
guarenteed.

The details on the cards can be found at:
http://www1.avaya.com/enterprise/who/docs/pccards/fullprodinfo.html

These cards come in a retail package. ie they have a box, manual, cd, card
case - everything you would get if you were to buy the package from a
computer store.

The Comcode on these cards are 700 016 777 - which states that they are
"Avaya Wireless PC Card - Silver, with 64-bit WEP encryption". I have
personally tested one of these cards under Windows XP, and no drivers were
needed - as they are from the same manufacturer as the Enterasys / Skynet
Global cards.

Price will be $97 per card. This also includes a warranty on the cards being
dead on arrival. We have a minimum purchase amount of 250 cards, and a
maximum of 950.

We also have the Gold cards available. These are 128bit versions of the
above card. Depending on demand, we may start a bulk buy on those as well.
There is a minimum of 250 cards in one bulk buy - and a maximum of 3500.
These cards will be about $115 per card - depending on demand.

This will be on the TIB tonight - please spread the word regarding this
deal, as we have until the 30th of this month to secure a number of cards.
If we don't a) get more than 250 orders or b) don't secure the minimum
number of cards, then this deal will not proceed.

Signed,
Steven Haigh
President - Melbourne Wireless
www.wireless.org.au