[MLB-WIRELESS] Melbournes Broadband Enquiry Submission

Craig Mead craig.mead at pagesmith.com.au
Thu May 23 08:52:57 EST 2002

| Three points:
| (i) My original response to Craig's posting was off-list, to Craig only.
| He replied to me and cc'd it into melbwireless. That's how it arrived
| there.

My original post was to the list, taking this conversation off list and
telling someone to "politely fsck off" is not what I'd call proper net
etiquite. There were points in your email which I felt the mailing list
should see, so I posted it back to the list.

| (ii) I did not know Craig was part of AWA (in fact, I'm still not sure if
| he is part of AWA). I assumed I was responding to a Melbourne Digital and
| Wireless member.

Yes, I am a member of the AWA, however I did not sign my original post as an
AWA member because

a - it should not make any difference what-so-ever where I am from
b - I was posting this as my personal opinion, not the opinion of the AWA

| (iii) Please get involved. Don't piss on people's parties after all is
| said and done. We are all trying hard to build something workable here.

I understand this however when an official government submission is made
which reads that the information contained within is the view of the entire
country and this is purely due to the fact that people visit your website,
this is completely incorrect. We are also trying to get a network built and
while I know that "shit slinging" I believe it is being called is not
constructive, IMO, my original post was not shit slinging or there to start
a flame war. There were points in the submission I wanted to have clarified
and questioned so I posted them to the list. If you don't want discussion,
don't have a list.

| - Barry

Craig