[MLB-WIRELESS] Melbournes Broadband Enquiry Submission

dwayne dwayne at pobox.com
Wed May 22 22:34:00 EST 2002

Craig Mead wrote:

> "WGPublicRelations - The inquiry into wireless broadband announced by the
> House of Representatives needs something to represent us. What has currently
> been put forward for the enquiry is at
> http://www.dcita.gov.au/cgi-bin/graphics.pl?path=6276 - can we put something
> together to make sure we get our purpose known for, hopefully, an inclusion
> into this enquiry. Also, can we have some kind of press release to try and
> raise more awareness of our group and hand to newspapers etc"
>
> I checked the link that is there and it is a link to the government site
> containing information on the enquiry.

There's a draft page up with stuff Barry and others wrote on it, I've
known about it for a while. I did some work on it over the weekend but
got called up yesterday morning for a weeks work starting in 20 minutes
or we call the next guy so my bundle of points and notes sort of stayed
that way.

My impression is that some work was done on it, various comments were
passed around, the deadline came up and steve panicked and wrote the
whole thing up.  I've been reminded by hmi and other s a few times.
Maybe i'm on a   mailing list you are not? we have been actively moving
things off the main list and onto working group lists as it occurs to
us...

I certainly don't feel there was a lack of notice, but like I said maybe
you're not seeing everything I am.

Dwayne