[MLB-WIRELESS] Working Group Meetings

Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au
Wed May 22 18:27:09 EST 2002

I propose that Working Groups should meet once a fortnight, preferably in a
single location at a single time.  I suggest that the meetings should be
every alternate Thursday evening from 8pm until 10pm at the Geebung Polo
Club in Hawthorn (which is only 200m from our normal meeting venue).  Dinner
would be scheduled from 7pm until 8pm (before the meeting) and would be
entirely optional, as having to purchase a meal once a fortnight is not a
pre-requisite of being in a working group.  Unfortunately, age is an issue.
Minors would be allowed until 9pm as long as they are accompanied by a
guardian (normally one of their parents), and obviously would not be allowed
to consume alcohol.  I have requested that we can use a phone line for the 2
hours so that the meeting may be relayed via IRC to minors and those that
are lacking transport, so this may not be a killer issue.

I have talked with management at the club, and they have agreed that we can
use the upstairs meeting facilities free of charge providing we have 12
attendees or more (due to the fact that they must employ extra staff to
serve us).  WGStructure is already meeting at this venue, but we find that
it is a little noisy in the courtyard and would prefer to use the upstairs
area.

The next working group meeting would be held on Thursday May 30th, the
following would be on June 13th, then June 27th, and so on.

Could I please have a show of interest as to which groups would be willing
to join us in using the facilities on offer, so that I may make a permanent
booking with club management.  Reply to this message (send to
Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au only) with your thoughts.  If the general outlook from
the working groups is positive, I shall make the booking tomorrow evening.

Cheers,
Tyson.

   Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au
 Treasurer at wireless.org.au