[MLB-WIRELESS] Melbournes Broadband Enquiry Submission

Craig Mead craig.mead at pagesmith.com.au
Wed May 22 16:19:31 EST 2002

Submission.
| >While there are some valid points there are also some points which cause
| >concern among myself and others from various other groups
| >(Bris/Melb/Syd/Adelaide/Gympie).

<snip>

| It's too late to complain. Some of us have put a great deal of time and
| effort into this. You should have said or done something sooner.
| It was well publicised internally, and interaction and comment was invited
| numerous times via IRC and the mailing list. There is no excuse for
| complaints.
| What's a nice way of saying f*ck off?
|
| - Barry

Barry,

I thought maybe you were right, so I checked my folder where all the
Melbourne Wireless Mailing list emails have been going into since I
subscribed on the second of April, 2002.

There are 6 emails which contain the string "enquiry" in the search results.

One was posted from Duane yesterday
Four others are mine and replies to mine today (including your own)
The only other email containing the string "enquiry" was posted by Steven
Haigh (your President) on 13th April.

It is mentioned twice in the paragraph

"WGPublicRelations - The inquiry into wireless broadband announced by the
House of Representatives needs something to represent us. What has currently
been put forward for the enquiry is at
http://www.dcita.gov.au/cgi-bin/graphics.pl?path=6276 - can we put something
together to make sure we get our purpose known for, hopefully, an inclusion
into this enquiry. Also, can we have some kind of press release to try and
raise more awareness of our group and hand to newspapers etc"

I checked the link that is there and it is a link to the government site
containing information on the enquiry.

As for IRC, I have been idling in the channel for a while and have seen a
few comments regarding the enquiry and while I understand I may have missed
someone pasting the final submission file, a channel which has 20 - 30
members hardly constitutes a broad enough cross section of M/W's full
memeber base (which in the submission claims be representing thousands of
people accross Australia and New Zealand).