[MLB-WIRELESS] National IP allocation and routing scheme??

evilbunny evilbunny at sydneywireless.com
Mon May 20 18:36:21 EST 2002

Hello All,

There is quite a bit of reserved space available it seems...

000/8     IANA - Reserved Sep 81
001/8     IANA - Reserved Sep 81
002/8     IANA - Reserved Sep 81
005/8     IANA - Reserved Jul 95
007/8     IANA - Reserved Apr 95
023/8     IANA - Reserved Jul 95
027/8     IANA - Reserved Apr 95
031/8     IANA - Reserved Apr 99
036/8     IANA - Reserved Jul 00
037/8     IANA - Reserved Apr 95
039/8     IANA - Reserved Apr 95
041/8     IANA - Reserved May 95
042/8     IANA - Reserved Jul 95
058/8     IANA - Reserved Sep 81
059/8     IANA - Reserved Sep 81
060/8     IANA - Reserved Sep 81
069-079/8 IANA - Reserved Sep 81
082-095/8 IANA - Reserved Sep 81
096-126/8 IANA - Reserved Sep 81
221-223/8 IANA - Reserved Sep 81
240-255/8 IANA - Reserved Sep 81

in total 1,442,840,576 almost a quarter of all the possible IP's
surely we can "borrow" some of this space until we flick over to
IPv6... This way we would be totally unique and be able to
interoperate with pretty much anyone that can stick up a route onto a
wireless network somewhere...

So much for running out of space... if those ranges aren't in use
makes you wonder out of the ranges in use how much space isn't being
used as well...

--
Best regards,
 evilbunny                            mailto:evilbunny at sydneywireless.com

http://www.SydneyWireless.com - Exercise your communications
freedom to make it do what you never thought possible...