RF legals - was - Re[4]: [MLB-WIRELESS] Press Release

dwayne dwayne at pobox.com
Mon May 20 13:42:24 EST 2002

Drew wrote:

> >>After talking to Jim Karamalakis from the ACA - who mainly deals with the RF
> >>side of the ACA - especially with class licences, home brew antennas are
> >>fine, galaxy antennas are fine, as long as you still stay withing the legal
> >>limit of 4W EIRP.
>
> >How do we measure this?
> >
> http://www.wireless.org.au/wiki/?EIRP

Excellent! That's how we determine what we can do.

Now: how do we measure this?

ie: *I* can get my wireless dude housemate to take my gear in and
measure it at work.

How are the rest of you going to calculate if you are legal or not?
Guess?

Just wondering if we have any testing eqpt available or if this a good
idea for yet another hook-up.

Dwayne