[MLB-WIRELESS] Testing days.

Toliman toliman at ihug.com.au
Sun May 19 02:55:51 EST 2002

i have a cunning plan. it involves having a multi-tier network instead of a
two point test, and we can test routing as well as how to create practical
IBSS links without AP's. a couple of peer-to-peer 1km><5km links wouldnt be
too bad to test ospf and zebra, lnks with differnet speeds and directions,
and we can co-ordinate groups in the area, etc. depends a lot on the people
involved though.

just standing around with a grid antenna and a mobile phone is great but i'd
say its going to be a cold windy day if we do try it, im not a big fan of
standing around holding a large metal mast in the wind. i'm a practical
thinker... so...

i'd like to pick the test node that is inside the local pub, purely for
research purposes.

we could establish a small intranet with it's own routes, and set up a
practical demo of such a free network, some streaming of voice, music,
video( pgpfone?), and test the possibility of routing, with that practical
demo of Frees/wan, tunneling, ospff, zebra, web/ftp services, etc. we
definitely need something other than 8 copies of netstumbler running ...