[MLB-WIRELESS] was: Can 802.11... >> Official statement on utility-corp telco infrastructure

Jon Teh jon at unicomsystems.com
Sun May 19 01:11:33 EST 2002

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 08:08:19PM -0700, John (Clueless Newbie) Hetherton wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 14, 2002, at 07:15  PM, Ben Ryan (Village Idiot) wrote:
>
> > Telstra are in the shit. People are sick of being fleeced for connectivity that
> > is kept artificially high by Telstra sitting on dark fibres, releasing more and
> > dropping their pillage prices only when they have to.
> > I, for one, will be pleased to watch them squirm.
> > Anyone know if Ziggy has cultural affiliations?
> > He smells of the new fascist regime in the US who screw the customer to maximise
> > profits and control the commodity;
> > (Rosen,RIAA; Zelnick,BMG; Bronfman,Vivendi; Levin,AOL; Eisner,Disney;
> > Rothstein,Viacom; Levine,Sony Pictures;  etc etc)
> > These guys do exactly the same with their music and video commodities -
control the market,
> > resist competition, squeeze maximal profits from customers, bully threats
out of existence.
> > Hey, is it me or do their names all seem similar?? ;)
> > Lucy they're protecting mates; Spielberg, Jerry Bruckheimer
> > Metro-Goldwyn-Meyer, DreamWorks SKG (spielberg katzenburg geffen)
> > lol
>
> This absolute rubbish has NO place in this forum....

Who are you to dictate such things?
> I thoroughly enjoy reading the melbwireless list, however, if this crap is
> tolerated, I will unsubscribe.

You have obviously never had to deal with Telstra in any big way. Your ignorance
of their practices is astounding.

I suggest you do this:

Don't let the door slam on your arse on the way out.

-- Jon Teh

PS. I don't usually get this annoyed by a posting, but if this is the only thing
you have ever had to contribute to the list; such ignorance, than good ridance.