[MLB-WIRELESS] A gimmick for MW

Matt Chipman mkchipman at optushome.com.au
Sat May 18 16:21:32 EST 2002

> the effort, it was well worth the 2 milliseconds of indecision as to how i
> would respond to a ludicrous suggestion such as this.

Hmmm pretty strong words, maybe you should have just explained why you don't
like the idea, it probably would have been more constructive.

Or you could share *your* idea on how to increase awareness of the Melbourne
Wireless group?  Or Wireless in general.

It seems what you are saying is that any company that has ever offered a
keyring, T shirt, stubby holder or pen or any one of a thousand items with
their company name on it is wasting money and time trying to get extra
coverage for their business or NPO? Is this correct?

And it has never succeded either has it???  <insert example of branded
mechandise here>

But you are probably right, it is better to sit on our hands and do nothing
for the wireless scene, after all, someone else will always be there to do
the work for us.

A quick question ....  What was the name of the company that recently went
broke yet unwittingly helped to sponser a wireless networking project around
australia?

Now ask yourself why you know the answer

-Matt