[MLB-WIRELESS] A gimmick for MW

Toliman toliman at ihug.com.au
Sat May 18 10:59:29 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Chipman" <mkchipman at optushome.com.au>
To: <melbwireless at wireless.org.au>
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2002 9:30 AM
Subject: [MLB-WIRELESS] A gimmick for MW

> Have been thinking about how to expand the Melbourne Wireless membership
and
> awareness.  If you think about it, the stuff we are doing is reasonably
> obscure to the general public and difficult to bring up in conversation
with
> non computer types.
[sic]
> comments?
>
> -Matt

rather than attack with constructive criticism, debate or listeing to
others, ive decided to lampoon your effort. makes a sterling change, and for
the effort, it was well worth the 2 milliseconds of indecision as to how i
would respond to a ludicrous suggestion such as this.

NEW! from the creators of the world reknowned and unforgettable "Taxman: the
musical", comes

magical wireless internet from melb-wireless

For only $400 (per user, offer void anywhere without electricity, running
water, trees, intelligent life) you can get a wireless setup that will let
you talk to a neighbour. with the high price of modern childrens toys such
as robotic dogs, video cameras that can record content, the big brother
uncut board game, where you can guess your opponents genital colouration and
shaving pattern from streaming internet footage and shower-cam video, will
parents see the bright side of a $3000 walkie talkie on steroids ? "i don't
know" said one observer "but i like the keyrings and shirts so it's gotta be
good"..

"instant media attention. just add water"

Toliman.