[MLB-WIRELESS] AWA and Sydney Wireless

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Fri May 17 20:35:42 EST 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002, dwayne wrote:

> Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au wrote:
>
> > So why have you set up a node database in Melbourne?  If this is not a case
> > of force-feeding it to us, then what is?  I am very concerned that the AWA
> > node database for Melbourne exists at all - please explain why you are
> > running it.
>
> Woh, hang on dude, we don't own the population of Melbourne. They
> can do what they like here and there's not a lot we can do about it.
> Better to work out how to work with whoever DOES hook up with them
> in Melbourne.
>
> I'd rather we handball onto them inquiries from sydney and they pass
> onto us inquiries from melbourne if we are going to start drawing
> lines in the sand etc.

As I am sure Duane (Evilbunny) will clarify, each region in the node
database is set up on request. Each region is there because someone in
that region wanted to add a node.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----