[MLB-WIRELESS] [NODEEAI] Channel Mgmnt

Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au
Wed May 15 13:58:51 EST 2002

I concur, the SSID should definitely remain as "wireless.org.au".
*** Use the station identifier to identify your station! ***

On channel management, I know quite a few cards support auto assignment.  It
would be good to have different channels operating in the same airspace
because:
* Interference by ISM band devices can be avoided
* Bandwidth can be improved (run 3 channels at same location, get 66Mb/s
effective bandwidth)

Yes, I know that many of the channels overlap.  I've also heard that 3
channels is the effective max you can operate in one location so that one
channel will not interfere with another.  Can anyone give me a nuts'n'bolts
explanation on why we can only use 3 of 11 channels without interference?  I
get the feeling it is because the signal is spread over a larger band than
just what is allocated for one "channel" per se...

Tyson.