[MLB-WIRELESS] PCI card order update.

Paul van den Bergen paul at serc.rmit.edu.au
Fri May 10 11:37:49 EST 2002

Hi all,
Well, the Brisbane order for PCI cards has indeed officially collapsed.
 Thank <insert deity of choice> we had a backup plan.

details will follow. Stay tuned.  Announcement at meeting tonight if I
can make it (Have dreaded lurgie at the moment)...

currently I know the following.
we have an alternative supplier.
we have enough orders in the last round (presuming everyone is willing
to pay an extra $3 per card) to meet the minimums for the order.
there will be a two week delivery time (max).
Brisbane is (nominally) interested in coattailing onto our order -
therefore more orders.
The cards available are _Better_ than the nokia c910's mentioned in the
last order.  apparently capable of taking any PCMCIA device... :-)
 details to follow.  Better windows compat. too?!
We will launch a TIB round for this order.  Likely details are as follows.
deadline next thursday.
payment must be in by then.
currently subscribed people to the old order will have to also front up
with $3 per card.
order cards next friday.
2 weeks delivery, in time for 1 week b/f next meeting when intend to
distribute.

well, atleasst that is the current plan...

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
SERC
paul at serc.rmit.edu.au