[MLB-WIRELESS] Mountain Radio Challenge

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Wed May 8 16:07:47 EST 2002

How I've gotta feed my reply back to the list hehe

> > Hi Tony, from my experience I think that it may be worthwhile trying
> > Arthurs Seat
> > Mt Macedon
> > Mt Anakie
> > All are high and have good LOS to each other and not too
> far apart, but
> > enough for a good test.

Yes.  I have to go through the path calculations, but I think the
theoretical limit for 802.11b hops is around 80km if using a couple of 24dBi
Galaxy antennas.  Further should be possible, if you want to sacrifice fade
margins and settle for a somewhat unreliable link. :)

> > I would be interested to go to any of these with UHF CB & WLAN.

Sounds like fun.  Well, I might have to activate my favourite DX spots on
2.4 GHz. :-)

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses.