[MLB-WIRELESS] Enterasys cards & product range with guarentee d delivery.

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Wed May 8 12:44:06 EST 2002

> Some points to think about and potentially discuss at the meeting:

All excellent points too.

> 1. The warranty issue in particular sounds like a potential
> nightmare. I can
> foresee the potential for strained relationships within the group.

We'd have to work out the details with Enterasys.

> 2. The whole process will need to be well managed with
> receipts, serial numbers
> etc

Goes without saying.  We need to be able to account for cards sold, in the
event of warranty claims or other issues arising.

> 3. GST?

Worth consulting with a tax accountant (anyone know any personally?).  This
situation could be affected by (1)  Whether we're incorporated or not, and
(2)  How much turnover we have annually - though I recall thresholds of
$50,000 - $100,000 for NPOs.

> 4. Will Enterasys warranty flashed cards :-)

That's for them to tell us.

> 5. Why are Enterays prepared to alienate their retail channel
> by dealing direct
> with us ?

I think they're looking at us as a worthy public cause, and also a potential
source of revenue (more people would buy the cards minus the retail outlet's
mark up).

> 6. Should we be extending this opportunity to other vendors
> of wireless
> hardware ?

I think in time, yes.

> 7. Is chasing around after cheap gear the most important
> thing that we should
> be doing ? Has the cost of the gear been identified as the
> key barrier to
> participation ?

What does the survey taken last month say?  Cost certainly did play a part
in the timing for me to get something "on the air".

> 8. Who is the offer open to ?

Melbourne Wireless members, initially (the definition of "member" is open to
opinion for the moment, butwe'll sort that out in due course).  Could be
scope for negotiating a wider offer to all affiliated wireless community
groups.

> 9. Do we care if people take advantage of the offer in order
> resell the cards
> at a profit ?

We care, but there's nothing that can be done, except apply peer group
pressure. :)

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses.

This correspondence is for the named person’s use only. It may contain