[MLB-WIRELESS] Enterasys cards & product range with guarenteed delivery.

darrend at natwide.com.au darrend at natwide.com.au
Wed May 8 08:42:26 EST 2002

I think Michael has raised some important points here. As most people
working in a channel partner/reseller environment will attest to,
manufacturers and distributors just want to move boxes and don't want to
deal with the 'hassles' of end users. That is why they have resellers in
the first place.

Darren Dreis
IT Manager
NDP Consulting
Tel 03 9548 9444  Fax 03 9548 9040

                    Michael Borthwick
                    <holden at netspace.net.au>        To:     melbwireless at wireless.org.au
                    Sent by:                        cc:
                    owner-melbwireless at wirel        Subject:     Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] Enterasys cards &
                    ess.org.au                      product range with guarenteed  delivery.

                    07/05/2002 04:16 PM

Steven Haigh wrote:

> We would also act as an agent in warranty replacements or repair although
> normal conditions would apply (ie we can't return an AP you destroyed
> putting an different antenna on :)

Some points to think about and potentially discuss at the meeting:

1. The warranty issue in particular sounds like a potential nightmare. I
can
foresee the potential for strained relationships within the group.

2. The whole process will need to be well managed with receipts, serial
numbers
etc

3. GST?

4. Will Enterasys warranty flashed cards :-)

5. Why are Enterays prepared to alienate their retail channel by dealing
direct
with us ?

6. Should we be extending this opportunity to other vendors of wireless
hardware ?

7. Is chasing around after cheap gear the most important thing that we
should
be doing ? Has the cost of the gear been identified as the key barrier to
participation ?

8. Who is the offer open to ?

9. Do we care if people take advantage of the offer in order resell the
cards
at a profit ?