[MLB-WIRELESS] Mac and PC laptops as linux wireless routers?

paterson at tassie.net.au paterson at tassie.net.au
Tue May 7 10:39:18 EST 2002

Hi All,

I've been trying to set up my old Mac Powerbook 5300 as a wireless broadband
router, with one PC card providing the ethernet interface and a enterasys card.

This seems doomed to failure, however, as IP Netrouter doesn't seem to
recognise both interfaces are installed.

I'm not familiar with old PC laptops - what brands/specs would be a effective
and affordable choice? I'd prefer a laptop running quietly as a router rather
than my noisy desktop winbox.

Bruce

This message was sent using Tas Access WebMail.
http://webmail.tassie.net.au/