[MLB-WIRELESS] So how does this routing bit work?

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sat Mar 30 10:49:42 EST 2002

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 10:41:31PM +0000, vortex wrote:
> look. ethernet frames do not route. neither do 802.11b frames.

Ethernet can be 'switched.' The effect is the same as routing - delivery
decisions are made based on the source/destination address.

> switching doesn't make sense in 802.11b.

Why not? The network is not completely broadcast. There are different
channels, and there are directional antennas. In this case, if routing
is needed then switching could also be used.

I'm not saying that it should be used, only that it is technically possible.

Hamish