[MLB-WIRELESS] 'Pigtail' in G4 Macintosh

Rob Werner rwerner at bigpond.net.au
Fri Mar 29 20:42:30 EST 2002

OK, time for a dumb question (or two)...

Does the very thin cable which is used to make pigtails have an inner core
and an outer shielding layer?  The cable used in Macintosh computers for
Airport looks like it is just a single solid wire which I thought was weird.
Does anyone happen to have a link which explains how to make your own
pigtails or should I leave it to the professionals?

Also, can the N connectors sold by DSE and Jaycar be used when building
homebrew antennas like the Pringles yagi?  If not, where should I buy them?

Thanks, and sorry about my lame-o questions.

-Rob