[MLB-WIRELESS] The Mailing list returns!

Steven Haigh netwiz at optushome.com.au
Thu Mar 28 16:06:45 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "dwayne" <dwayne at pobox.com>
To: "melbourne wireless" <melbwireless at wireless.org.au>
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 3:53 PM
Subject: Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] The Mailing list returns!

> Steven Haigh wrote:
> >
> > YAY! A round of applause for the people that have slaved for the past 5
days
> > to rebuild wireless.org.au to a new machine, new configs, new hardware,
new
> > everything!
>
> The mail volume was starting to bog things down, was it?
> Does the website generate a lot of traffic or is it mostly a mailing list
> problem?

Yes and no, the old mailing list software was designed for about 20 people,
not 300+... The site generates about 3gb of www traffic per month, and about
100Mb of just email to the list per month.

> > The all new wireless.org.au - made possible by:
> >
> > Shane Chubb
> > Shaun McGuane
> > Tyson Clugg
> > Glen Brunning
> > and myself.
>

> YAY!
>
> Thanks guys, I was actually starting to worry, but of course the website
was
> still running so it seemed things were desperate but not critical  :)
>
> Was this an upgrade or did something break?
> Oh, an upgrade, he says, reading the first paragraph again  :)

Yep - upgrade and update both software and hardware.

> Dwayne

Signed,
Steven Haigh

The Internet was designed by the American Military back in the late 60's. It
was designed to be a decentralised information delivery system so that in
the event of a nuclear attack, American Military leaders would still have
access to pornography.