[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: Security issues -was- Applications

dwayne dwayne at pobox.com
Thu Mar 21 16:59:01 EST 2002

Clae wrote:

> >unless
> >  > >>  someone is sitting there taking a copy of the network layer data,
> ///
> >  > >Which ASIO will do they moment they smell a rat, and they probably WILL
> >ANYWAY
>
> why?  as far as we can tell, this is all perfectly legal and innocent
> community empowerment self help information age rah rah rah.  we
> should all get bloody medals.

Yeah, that's all well and good, but we are talking about people who are, by
definition, REALLY paranoid.

What do you think they will do when they see a public access network they
cannot see into?  Just ignore it? I doubt it.  We should NOT assume we will be
left alone, we SHOULD assume we will be examined and so must remain legal.  If
nothing happens, good. If something happens, excellent, as we are covered from
the outset.

Dwayne