[MLB-WIRELESS] Applications on the melb-wireless network

Matthew Chipman mkchipman at optushome.com.au
Wed Mar 20 22:32:44 EST 2002

> Clae wrote:
>
> > >wireless at 2.4GHz falls into a convenient hole right now (especially
> > >if we don't offer Internet connectivity), but if it takes off at all
> > >seriously, the telcos will strongarm the government into ensuring that
> > >their markets are not eroded.

Or the government will take a look and see how the bandwidth problems in the
bush can be solved by wireless to get the country voters back onside.
Groups like this one will be applauded by those in remote areas.  We may get
Internet connectivity by default *and* with government approval.

I think some people on this list don't appreciate the importance of what is
going on here.  The more telcos and others etc object to what we are doing
means we are on the right track and we should proceed to infinity and
beyond!

There is a positive in everything

-Matt