[MLB-WIRELESS] [TECH] Dipole antennas, and melbwireless structure

Ben Anderson a_neb at optushome.com.au
Tue Mar 19 19:40:28 EST 2002

I want a ubiquitous public network.  Your goals seem to be somewhat
different.  They're sort of mutually incompatible.  Public, give it to
everyone, or private, elite 'only technical capable people altruistic enough
to particpate' are allowed to join.
I'm not advocating charging money for it, anyone who wants to connect can
grab the 30dollar card that's compatible with an interface to the network in
their area, and start leeching.  They just don't get low-latency 'priority'
access to the system until they actually provide something.  Altruistic
providers could donate their mojo back to disadvantaged nodes.  I don't
think it's fundamentally less 'free' -- I think it's more free, and
encourages network building as part of the design instead of relying on
altruism.

A UPN is my ideal endpoint goal.  Can you more accuratly detail what your
endpoint goal is?

Ben.

http://www.wireless.org.au/cgi-bin/minorweb.pl?A=LIST&L=melbwireless