[MLB-WIRELESS] POSTING DISCIPLINE - DELETE EXCESS QUOTAGE

Ben Anderson a_neb at optushome.com.au
Mon Mar 18 12:07:57 EST 2002

<disk space rant deleted>
> your email will download a LOT faster!  woo!

Not a big deal, even on a 14.4k it's but a few seconds...

> I'm only stressed about disk space. Some of you might be stressed about
time
> taken reading this list.

Time taken, only have to read the new info.  The old information is very
useful in extracting context information, which is way too easily lost in
email conversations...  Makes it hard to figure out which interpretation of
the words is the correct one if too much is deleted.  Intelligent pruning is
good, most people, in my experience, once they start, delete too much.  I'd
prefer excess crap than lack of context.

> So, I'm not being a martinet, just look at the emails, and consider the
> situation.

Umm, what situation.  Hard disk is less than AU$ 4 per gigabyte -- how many
gigabytes of disk are you running out of already?

Ben.