[MLB-WIRELESS] Resignation

Clae clae13 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 17 23:56:41 EST 2002

>To Everyone On This List,
>
>I have long been involved in community based organisations (20+ years)

and i'll stick my hand up for ten+ years here

>and
>would venture to say I can speak from experience here.  Every group needs a
>leader.

wow, this is where everyone's pet ideologies comes out to play isn't
it?  a "leader"??

>This leader must be elected by the majority with a mandate to do
>what the majority wants.

why the majority?  what about everyone, whether they are aligned with
the "majority" or just doing their own thing?
this networking standard lends itself to open forms of organisation

>You will never please everyone.  If you wish to be
>part of this group then you must support the group and the leader of it.

"america - love it or leave it"
elected representatives are supposed to be there to represent us to
the wider community, not to tell us what to do internally.  there are
decisions that need to be made about routing etc that will
necessarily affect everyone, even those who are not currently part of
the movement.

all my comments were intended constructively - ie what i think should
be done.  perhaps in my eagerness for concision i have trod on some
toes, for which i apologise.

>The group also needs a second in charge to shelter the leader from all the
>sort of crap the idiots like to throw at them because they are unhappy that
>they didn't get there own way.  In short once a committee  or some sort of
>leadership position is established those of you who are unhappy with the
>decisions that are made by the leadership which should be the will of the
>group can just piss off.

Um exqueeze me?  I thought democratic process was all about getting
ALL points of view heard and debated - not told to "piss off" because
they don't fit the current world view of the majority and it's
commitee.

>So I for one would like to throw my full support behind Tyson and all the
>hard working guys behind the scenes

everyone who has been working hard has my full support -tyson you
included.  it was certainly not my intention to diss anyone who has
been putting in the hard yards in terms of resources for this
community.  where i withdraw my support is when decisions are made
without reference to the wider melbwireless community.  ie "behind
the scenes."  if there are commitees or expert groups or volunteer
squads or whatever they want to call themselves doing worthwhile
things for us all, let's have their work recognised by all.

>and would like to for all of you to
>support them.  If you feel you can do a better job then put you hand up and
>we will see what your opinion of being a leader is in 6 months time after
>you have put up with the same shit and criticism that all leaders have to
>put up with, but in saying that if all you do is bitch

what do you call this then?