[MLB-WIRELESS] is there ever going to be a central body behind melb wireless

dwayne dwayne at pobox.com
Sun Mar 17 19:04:12 EST 2002

Matthew Chipman wrote:

> Excellent work Will

absolutely.

> It is also important to have a shrink wrapped starters kit for beginners or
> non technical types to plug in and "get a node up" with little or no work.

I agree 100%.
Ideally we could have a kit that has all of the software, hardware,
instructions etc.

> We also need a list of retail outlets or contacts that supply all the gear
> at the right price.   Is there a current list?

Not sure. See below.

> It would be really nice if all the people on the list that asked "what do i
> do and where do i get it" could be directed to a list that allowed them to
> go to a shop etc and buy what they needed without fear of getting the wrong
> stuff, and getting that aweful sinking feeling.

I'll maintain it.  Send me links, info, rants, feedback etceterah.

I'll put up what I get and as I get enough stuff I'll coalesce it into
something useful.

Mind you, eventually this'll need to be database-driven, I expect, and I don't
know how to do that.  but I'll maintain static web pages for the moment.

I'll send in a url when I get stuff.

I have some info of my own so I'll put that together over the next few days.

Dwayne