[MLB-WIRELESS] IP addressing, OSPF and a .plan

Tristan Gulyas zardoz at 2600.org.au
Sat Mar 16 01:31:26 EST 2002

G'day.

I'm up for helping out with some of this OSPF stuff.  I've got a few laptops
which can be unicised if needed.  One is a FreeBSD box, one's currently
winme but I can throw another disk in with the lunix on it if we need it.
If I get my powerbook back from service, I'll have that as well.

I've got orinoco/enterasys cards for the above.

As for getting a node going, I'm located in the Croydon North area.  Line of
sight to some of Mooroolbark but would be hard pushed to get to Lilydale
with LOS.  I've currently got a box going doing wireless routing - all I
need is the piggie + cabling + antenna which I can sort out at the next
meeting but am in no hurry at pointing an antenna into space.

One thing about chasing sponsorships.  Please do not make the mistake of
having multiple people doing their own thing.  Sooner or later, they will
BOTH contact the same prospective sponsor and  make us look VERY
bad/disorganised.

On that note, has anyone spoken to Nortel/3D networks?  Enterasys, maybe
(they love promotional stuff - tell them you're interested in cisco and
they'll jump in bed with you right away)?

$0.02c + 10% GST worth.
.t
---
Tristan Gulyas
zardoz at ausgamers.com
http://zardoz.hotblack.net/
"We are the music makers..and we are the dreamers of the dream"
 --Willy Wonka