[MLB-WIRELESS] IP addressing, OSPF and a .plan

Kim Hawtin kim at aldigital.co.uk
Fri Mar 15 18:43:22 EST 2002

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 11:08:58AM +1100, Tony Langdon wrote:
> > > Firstly, we need to cull at least 10.0.0/24 and 172.16.0/24
> > > from the address ranges used, as these are common in smaller
> > > netowrks, otherwise these ranges are fine.
> >
> > Seconded, who's going to keep track of this? A listing on the
> > melbwireless web site?

do you have a *wiki? that could be a temporary solution until a
webapp is built...

> > > OSPF seems worth playing with as well.
> > >
> > > Hmm, amateur network experimentors is starting to fit this
> > > group.
> >
> > As well as routing stuff over the wan, I'd be interested in
> > routing stuff via either semi permanent dial up to another node
> > or over the internet. This would make it possible to have a
> > (somewhat limitied by bandwidth)capacity to set up mail / news /
> > chat?? servers that spanned the gaps in the network for now and
> > also give us the chance to get to work on routing sooner.  How
> > difficult is it to route via ssh / vpn tunnels and OSPF? I'm
> > reading that cisco stuff right now, not that I understand much
> > of it but it's a start.

> I agree, tunneling is a good way to  get disjointed segments interconnected,
> until a wireless link can be established between them.

guess how you link remote network clouds with OSPF? tunnels =)
got more than one tunnel, thats cool too.

we use unix, and we use zebra; http://www.zebra.org/spec.html

yours,

kim
--
| A.L. Digital Ltd.   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755     |   .^. Don't fear|