[MLB-WIRELESS] Meshing experiment time

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Thu Mar 14 19:12:10 EST 2002

adrian at close.wattle.id.au (Adrian Close) writes:

> On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, James Healy wrote:
>
> > Where abouts would I go to find the software for OSPF??
>
> www.zebra.org.
>
> Be prepared for a steep learning curve.  Run a test network.  Read
> Dykstra.  Ask questions.

I've been going through this too.

Dig out the zebra manuals and print them, but understand that they are
little more than a reference to the commands and NOT to their use.

The best source of documentation I've found on OSPF is on Cisco's web
site there are several documents including a "OSPF Design Guide" which
is worth printing.  If you look around there are a few documents which
explain OSPF configurations but there isn't that much documentation
about.

It's probably worth pointing out that zebra and Cisco OSPF
configuration is not identical. While the interfaces are very similar
there are differences which can catch you out.

.. and that just makes the learning process more interesting.

Seriously the little experimenting with OSPF that I've done so far
certainly shows that OSPF works well and the configuration isn't too
difficult.

Simon
--
Simon J Mudd,   Tel: +34-91-408 4878,  Mobile: +34-605-085 219
Madrid, Spain.  email: sjmudd at pobox.com,  Postfix RPM Packager