[MLB-WIRELESS] Mini Motherboard

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Thu Mar 14 16:51:18 EST 2002

> >I don't think so: I looked at this earlier today so my memory may be
> >fading already(!), but IIRC the board had ethernet onboard and had
> >support for not 1 but 2 PCI cards using a riser card / cable. Looks to
> >me like it would do everything required as a mini AP, very sweet  :-)
>
> opps .. i just downloaded the top view instead of the side one aswell. The
> side one shows these ports quite clearly.
> Still as adrian said before .. wouldn't power be a problem?

Power supplies don't have to be monstrously large, especially if you're
going to run a low power system (micro motherboard, VIA C3 CPU, no
CD-ROM, no power-hungry 3D graphics card, etc) so you could use one of
the titchy little units designed to go in 1RU rack mount cases, or in
the little aluminium cube computers from Shuttle.

That way you could build a complete computer about the size of a
shoebox, with very small power requirements.

--
Jonathan Oxer
Director / Chief Technical Officer