[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: your mail

Kim Hawtin kim at aldigital.co.uk
Wed Mar 13 04:47:22 EST 2002

> Subject: Re: Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] Power Over Ethernet in a 5 1/4 inch bay
> > How about getting a cheap laptop? Would be better/smaller to
> > mount, and extenting the two wires of the plug pack is easier
> > than extending a dozen or so wires. They go pretty cheap these
> > days, and the power consumption is alot less than a PC.
> I was seriously thinking among those lines, but ...  How do you
> temperature-regulate such a thing?

a large sealed box at the top of your pole will help plenty...

> When it's up a pole, in the winter it will freeze, and during
> summer it may easily overheate

the important thing is *large* and *sealed*. and what also helps is
to put those little "gell" moisture absorbing bags in the box to.

thats how most of the roof mounted gps installations ive seem are
setup.

yours,

kim
--
| A.L. Digital Ltd.   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755     |   .^. Don't fear|