[MLB-WIRELESS] Meshing experiment

Jason Hecker jason at air.net.au
Tue Mar 12 13:51:20 EST 2002

Hi All,

I'd like to try an experiment with meshing.  At the moment I'd like to
trial OSPF as a proof of concept for wireless systems to forward packets
to systems that don't have a direct connection.  If anyone is interested
or has some ideas on using OSPF, drop me a line.

For the test I was thinking of setting up wireless points spaced apart in
an arrangement such that not all devices could see each other.  With OSPF
configured properly on each machine routes should be automatically figured
out and the network function without the need for BSS APs.

If anyone is interested and has a 802.11b laptop or PC with Windows XP and
Linux/FreeBSD or other system that can run OSPF or GNU Zebra and has one
weekend day to spare trying it out, drop me a line privately.

Unless anyone else has any ideas, I can see OSPF being the only viable
means for supporting meshing on the disparate hardware we all have.

Cheers,
jASON