[MLB-WIRELESS] cheap cards

ABBENHUYS, Ryan rabbenhuys at mfbb.vic.gov.au
Wed Mar 6 14:37:16 EST 2002

If your PC has any ISA slots, get yourself an ISA=>PCMCIA adapter card.  If
it only has PCI slots, then get yourself a PCI=>PCMCIA card.

I've discovered that the PCI adapters are a real bitch to get going in older
computers, ISA is the way to go if you can.  It is possible to get the PCI's
going (i've managed in a 486), but there's no guarantee.

It's to do with PCI Bus and BIOS versions, some older ones won't properley
allocate an IRQ to the card.

I'm waiting for a call back from a supplier in SA with some prices on these
adapters at the moment.