[MLB-WIRELESS] [Melbourne Wireless] July 12th User group meeting!

Jeremy Lunn jeremy at austux.net
Wed Jun 26 13:39:45 EST 2002

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 11:22:57AM +1000, fenn_b at smktech.com.au wrote:
> Naturally, there is going to be no perfect day of the week for everyone,
> which is why I thought it would be nice to have it rotating (eg: Friday
> one month, then Thursday, then Wednesday, tues, etc).

May make it harder to remember when a meeting is.  Also would have to
make sure it doesn't clash with meetings of organisations of simular
interest (eg Linux Users of Victoria has meetings on the 1st Tuesday of
the month and SIGs and the committee have meetings on other Tuesdays).

> What are people's thoughts on this? Can we exercise our new incorporated
> powers and have a vote maybe? ;)

Incorporation does not automatically give each members of an
organisation the right to vote on every issue.  It doesn't mean that the
committee can't run a poll for an issue.  You could probably have
something in the memorandum of incorportaion, however it would be
inefficient and almost defeat the purpose of having a committee if
everyone voted on every issue.
--
Jeremy Lunn
Melbourne, Australia