[MLB-WIRELESS] who makes cantennas?

Robert Tchia robert.tchia at palantir.com.au
Mon Jun 24 21:26:13 EST 2002

Rick,
Go to safeway or coles, buy a tin of golden circle pine apple or what
ever fruit juice you fancy (85mm diameter x 175mm deep). The content
must be consume not thrown out or the canteena won't work efficiently
;-). Clean the tin and dry it.

I found it hard to use the typical tin opener (one that open from top)
on this tin and opener that open from side tend to make the edges very
sharp (Filing the tin can make the edge uneven). To open this tin I
turned the end I wanted to open onto the concrete slab or a brick and
grind the tin back and forth until you can see the end separate from the
tin, then just pull the end off. It took me no more then a minute to
open my tin.

Buy a female N connector from JulesF. Cut a strand of copper wire (~1mm
thick x 35mm long) and solder it to the brass stub on the N connector.
Trim the wire to 30.7mm including the brass stub.

Measure 58.06mm from the bottom of the tin and mark it. Rest the inside
of the tin on a piece of wood and hammer a nail to make a little dint to
use as a drill bit guide. Drill the hole out start from small drill bit
to large. Check the hole size with the N connector as the drill bit size
increase.

Mount the N connector to the tin using 4 screws

Eureka!!!  You have a canteena.

Cheers
Rob

**