[MLB-WIRELESS] limiting access..

James Healy jimmy at deefa.com
Mon Jun 24 11:37:48 EST 2002

> So doing this allows you to route between wireless and LAN without
using a
> utility like WinRoute?  That's cool!
>
> One thing though...  How do you specify which interfaces to route
between?

I'm not IP guru, but just tried the following setup in XP :

XP box with three interfaces. NIC for optus (DHCP), NIC for Local Lan
(192.168.0.1), and a wireless NIC (10.0.1.1).

Internet sharing is turned on, but XP makes you select an interface to
share it on, so it's shared on the Local LAN.

With the registry hack, from my lappy using a wireless card (10.0.1.2),
I can ping both the wireless network, and the local LAN (192.168.0.1-3).

However, since both the subnets I'm using for my local networks are not
globally routable, and internet sharing performs NAT only on the Local
network, and not on the wireless subnet = no net on my wireless network
:-)

any ideas ??

James