[MLB-WIRELESS] Bridging with Win XP?

Joe Hovel joe.hovel at med.monash.edu.au
Mon Jun 24 00:37:48 EST 2002

Is it possible to use Win XP's capability of bridging between network
adapters to create a "pseudo" access point?
Will this bridging capacity of Win XP allow NetBeui access to remote
machines (given that NetBEUI isn't routable)?
I take it this wouldn't be a "real" access point, because the wireless card
would still be in ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) mode.
I want to use this to access resources on both the wired and wireless legs
of the network - printers, Internet access etc.
Am I missing a concept here? It seems to me that the functionality would be
the same....
Joe