[MLB-WIRELESS] RE: Re[2]: [MOB-WIRELESS] Dirty big dish...

Bryce Letcher bryce at lectronix.com.au
Thu Jun 20 21:33:02 EST 2002

I should also point out that its not gain that's important to the receiver.
Gain is only going to affect the signal strength, which is fairly
irrelevant. What we need is signal to noise ratio and having a huge gain
receive antenna wont help that  :(

Bryce

It's a pity the WiFi cards are made as transceivers. As separate units TX
and RX, you could run different antennas, and the point about to much gain?
That's only true for the transmitter.

;)

Bryce