[MLB-WIRELESS] which *nix?

Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au
Thu Jun 20 13:05:35 EST 2002

Err... Matt?

Every distro Clae mentioned only work on Apple computers, not x86.  You
suggested SuSE and Debian (available for both Mac and x86), of which I
prefer Debian due to it's packaging system and support for many platforms.

However, I am at a loss as to why you suggested Mandrake.  As I understand,
Mandrake is for Pentium class PC's and above only - or am I mistaken?

On the other hand, it may be possible that Clae is joining the dark side and
intends on running sans Apple... gasp!

In either case, could someone kindly set things straight?

Regards,
Tyson.

   Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au
 Treasurer at wireless.org.au