[MLB-WIRELESS] Field Test Days

Jason Clarke midwaym19 at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jun 20 09:53:24 EST 2002

I'm interested in seeing a field test day, basically several hours set aside
for those that can bring a laptop along (or pc + 1km of power lead :-) to a
certain spot to do some testing and setup.

Things I would love to see demonstrated are.

- Setup of Enterasys WiFi cards under Linux (Redcrap^H^H^H^Hhat/Debian/Suse
etc). This includes kernel compiles! (And I guess a step by step how to :-)
- Modification of galaxy microwave dishes.
- Making of a cantenna or other types.
- Actually getting machines meshed, with different SSID's etc. (I still
don't understand this).

I'd love to co-ordinate this, but with a new job, I just don't have the time
:-/

Jason Clarke